Sunday 19 January 2014

LongJohn is finished...



I finished the LongJohn quilt a week ago and have been waiting for a chance to take a photo in daylight. January is dark, so there are limited options - it's dark when I leave in the mornings, it's dark when I get home from work. This weekend we're in Sweden visiting my Mom, and though it's cold and windy and totally disgusting weather, we opted to go out for a little while and take some pictures with the iPad (I forgot my good camera at home). We looked for a better place to take the pictures but the only place we could take the picture was in front of the house because of the nasty, freezing wind. 

I made this quilt for my oldest when he turned 13 last weekend. He had wished for a quilt because he was outgrowing his old one. And boy, was he happy when he got it. He has basically been living wrapped up like a tortilla with his new Google tablet in hand ever since. I do like giving my quilts away but sometimes it's more satisfying than others... But really can you blame him. I too love this quilt. 


It a perfect boy/man quilt. I've used Joel Dewberry, lots of Kaffe Fasset and Michael Miller solids as well as some coordinating fq's from the shelf. The background it extra thick fleece and the batting is thick polyester. So this quilt is heavy and very, very warm. The size is 69" x 90". The pattern is LongJohns by Stephanie @ Loftcreations http://www.designsbyloftcreations.com/.




5 comments:

  1. I love the "wrapped up like a tortilla". The fleece back is perfect. It's such a handsome quilt and I can think of nothing better than giving a quilt and it being loved so much. Happy 13th birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long John is so nice! And I love the photo you got - worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love these colours!
    Soooo satisfying if the receiver is so happy with it.
    But I guess he must be steaming under it ...
    Goodthing adolescents love to steam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome and it looks even better when used with so much love by your son!

    ReplyDelete